As business owners and /or managers of a business, when we rely on people for the ongoing operation of our business then we must also invest in keeping our people happy, motivated and healthy. Health and well-being in the workplace is an important strategy that benefits both the employer and the employee.
There have been numerous studies that highlight the benefits, though as a reminder here are a few:
• increased productivity
• improved staff health and wellbeing
• staff who feel valued
• increased staff morale, satisfaction and motivation
• better work-life balance
• decreased stress and other work-related illness
• reduced sick leave
• fewer worker’s compensation claims
• reduced employee turnover
Happier and healthier employees will increase sales by 37%, productivity by 31% and they will be three times more creative…… what affect will that have to your bottom line?
Whilst we can all choose to change our health and wellbeing individually, it can be a lot easier when our workplace has the same mindset and goals in creating a win-win for all.
Here are my top five reasons WHY becoming and staying healthy together works best when done through a company wellness program:
1. Accountability buddies: When everyone is consciously exercising and eating healthily you are more likely to make the correct food choices. You will share best practices and call out each other as and when required. You’ll make it fun.
2. Competition makes you perform better: Most of us have at least a little competitive streak, and healthy competition is a good thing because it makes you perform better. None of us want to be the weakest link or the first to give up.
3. Increases commitment massively: It’s one thing bailing on your own health plans, but it’s much, much harder to abandon your program when the whole workplace is living and breathing a healthy regime.
4. Taking regular breaks: The whole company will begin to embrace eating away from your desk, taking breaks to breathe and revitalise. You’ll become a mindful eater and most importantly have better relationships with your co-workers, spending time with them away from your desks.
5. Creating a collaborative team: Connecting from a health and wellness perspective assist you to be more aware and collaborative in relation to the workload / duties / tasks. You will find ways to collaborate instead of compete. You’ll begin to look for best practices in all procedures. You’ll all become more inclusive.
We spend so much time in our professional lives that it seems logical that we should all have a health and wellness mindset.
Are you ready to reap the rewards from having focused driven employees who are healthy and passionate about where they and the company are heading?
Not sure where to start?
Until next time…..
Be well and remember to make each day meaningful, memorable and magical………..and never, ever, ever stop dancing!
With Love & Gratitude