The Best is Yet to Come
Yesterday I was living in my “All About Your Relationships” pillar. I spent most of the day with my six-week old grandson, Rafael and some of the day with his parents.
Rafael and I had a great day together. His mum was out for about six hours, getting her hair done and generally enjoying some M.E. time.
We went for a long walk along the Brisbane river, where he slept soundly most of the time in the fresh air.
I decided to stop for lunch at a local fresh produce café. Three ladies in their early 40’s sat down at the next table next and I must admit, I became intrigued with their conversation.
One of them had recently turned 40 and the others were saying, “even though you look great, it’s really sad to be losing your youth. How the best years were from 27 to your late 30’s.” They had all decided that really, life was just about over and that they really did not have much to look forward to!!
I had a chuckle to myself and thought, ladies the BEST IS YET TO COME.
I remembered back to all my major “0” birthdays. How much I did not like the idea of turning 30, 40 or 50. Though how different it was when I turned 60.
Yes, that is right I was looking forward to 60.
Ladies, your 50’s are when you come into your true essence. It’s your time to truly shine. To live and love life.
The greatest realisation I had was when I was around 55. I suddenly realised that “I am the only person I will spend my entire life with, so why was I putting myself last and giving up on my dreams.”
I was surprised that it took me so long to realise this. And yesterday when I overheard the ladies talking, I realised again, that the sooner we all get to discover our True Essence, the sooner we get to Live and Love our life, every single day, with no regrets.
Where we look forward to what life will bring us tomorrow. Knowing always that the best is yet to come.
No matter what age we are!
The True Essence of Life
To assist you find your true essence (sooner rather than later), here are my constant actions that are consistently front of mind, so I can live my life, true to the person I was born to be.
- Love: Love and appreciate yourself. Spread the love factor all around you. Make every interaction come from a space of Love, where you: Listen without interrupting; speak without accusing; give without sparing; share without pretending.
- Gratitude: When you look for the lesson in every perceived negative situation, your troubles become blessings. You begin to appreciate everyone, thing and event in your life. Viewing them as they are, not even labelling them negative or positive.
- Create Experiences: The desire to create is one of the deepest yearnings of our soul. We fulfill this yearning by consciously creating and sharing memorial experiences as we journey, creating our true self.
- Evolve-Learn-Grow. The whole point of our journey is to continually evolve and the best way to do this, is through investing in our life-long education (mentally, physically & spiritually). The most powerful gift you can give to yourself is the knowledge that, through education; Who You Were, Who You Are and Who You Will Become, can be three different people.
- Be Positive. Talking about our problems is one of our greatest addictions. It’s time to break the habit and start talking only about your joys. The easiest way to do this is to see the positive in every situation, love and be grateful for everything you have. Realise that many people desire your life.
- Be Yourself. I love the saying “Be yourself as everyone else is taken.” It’s time to own who you truly are, all your flawed, quirky, imperfect self, along with your beautiful, amazing, awesome and magical self. Once you begin to show up this way, so will everyone else. I am looking forward to being part of that world. How about you?
- Live in the Moment. Begin to treasure the journey and not the destination. We truly only have the present, it’s our special gift, hence why it’s called the present. See the beauty that is all around you now, stop worrying about the future, as it’s beyond your control and will take care of itself – it truly is out of your circle of influence!
- Invest in Quality Time. This is as important as investing in you. Good relationships don’t just happen. They take time, patience and will contain the people who truly want to be together. Remember time flies, there are no refunds for misused time though as you are the pilot, steer your time, along a course that best serves you in your True Essence. ~ Now you know why it was so important for me to spend yesterday with my grandson!
When we live in our true essence, we know that life is a journey. One that has constant change. And the more we embrace the many stages the more that we truly know that THE BEST IS YET TO COME!
Till Next Time……….