Get Out of Your Own Way
Have you noticed that we seem to be living in a world where there are a lot of things happen that are beyond our control?
Ouside of our circle of influence.
It can be very frustrating. Especially as these can be the reasons why we are not advancing in life the way that we thought we would be………especially if these things were not happening.
With all of this in mind, lets deep dive into something that you can control ~ YOU.
Today, we are going to see how you can get out of your own way.
Have fun with this and enjoy removing the obstacles that you can control.
How to Get Out of Your Own Way
Have you ever noticed that each day you are a different person?
Some days life is easy and you seem on fire. Whatever you are doing just seems to flow. Whereas other days, everything is an effort, a struggle, you seem to be incapable of doing anything successfully.
So, getting out of your own way means being with who you are, moment to moment, whether you like or not like who you are today.
Here are some guides that may assist you to always be in the mind body and soul space of getting out of your own way, so that you can achieve all your Hopes, Dreams and Aspirations:
1. Tune into who you are today. Upon wakening, take some deep breaths into your body. Tune into each part of your body. Then ask yourself some questions:
- How do I feel?
- Are there any aches and pains?
- Is there something going on in my life that is going to distract me from what I’d like to achieve today?
2. Create your ‘achievement list’ for today. List out all of the things that must happen today, that will keep you on target to achieving your goals. Look over the list and see if there is anything that causes you any fear or angst. Make these the first things that you do. Then take a quick break and reward yourself in some way for doing them. Celebrate that even though you had some fear or angst, you moved passed these and did them. Also take note of whether any of your fear or angst was warranted. Then list the other things in order of priority.
3. Schedule Time. Do you own your day? Many times, the reason we are in our own way, is that we are busy living by someone else’s agenda. Take back your day. Make you a priority in your life and watch how much you achieve ~ for yourself and others.
4. Listen to Music. Music has a huge effect on how you feel. Create a playlist of songs that will assist you to be who you need to be in any given moment. Ones that motivate you, relax you and assist you to get into creation mode.
5. Get up and Move. I’ve always loved the idea that “the brain can only endure what the bum can.” Simply put, get up and move every 50 mins. Do some jumping jacks, some simple exercises, or just dance like no one is watching. You actually get more energy from being active. So, Move it. Move it. Move it………….every 50 minutes!
6. Celebrate All Milestones. So often we get so focused on the final destination, that we forget to look back and see how far we have come. It is all about each step. Knowing that each step is getting us closer and that we will not get there without taking each and every step. Keep looking at the final goal, though at the end of each day look back and answer these questions:
- What did I do today that I’ll do differently next time?
- What did I do today that I’ll do exactly the same next time?
- What did I do today that I did not think I’d ever be able to do?
- How awesome am I?
- How far have I come?
Then take a few moments to celebrate….. even if it is only a Happy Dance!
Now, that is a WRAP for Sun Day the 29th of August 2021: Your Day to Shine.
I trust that this will assist you to achieve all that you would like to achieve.
And if you require a little more motivation, here is an awareness that I bring to mind when I need to get out of my own way…….
“you are the only person you will spend your entire life with. So why are you looking after everyone else, helping them to create all their dreams and desires, whilst your hopes, dreams and aspirations are waiting around to be fulfilled?”
Have an amazing week. Make it Meaningful Memorable and Magical.
Stay well and always remember that there is great love here for you.
With Love and Gratitude