Recently, I read an article that stated if you are always angry you need more green in your life.
I thought WOW, that was me when I was a CFO of a publicly listed company.
I’d fly off the handle over silly little things. OMG, I remember skimming an email once, and firing back to the manager, “How dare you speak to me like that”, she immediately called me and said not sure what you read, though there was nothing in the email to warrant that response.
She was right, when I re-read it. Of course, I apologised, though our relationship was never the same, which was unfortunate, as I really liked her.
I was overworked, underappreciated and, working, eating (the wrong foods) and drinking too much.
The “more green in your life” comment really resonated with me as for the past four plus years, I have been green juicing every morning and I am a completely different person. So much more energised, fun, joyous and healthier.
Though, as I thought about the article, I went one step beyond their comments. Did you know that the Heart Chakra is the colour green?
I thought wow, that is so true, I did require more love in my life at the time, especially for myself.
If you’re been reading my blog for a while, you would have heard me say, many times, that you are the only person you will spend your entire life with, so why are you putting yourself last?
Yes, in our professional roles, we are replaceable. I know that is hard to take in, though it’s true. We tend to give so much and then you’re onto your next role, wondering when will there be time for me.
Now is the time for you to put yourself first. Don’t be the person who rises the ladder to find, that they are on the wrong ladder, or that they are alone, as they have burnt many of their relationships, or even worse that it has all been at the cost of their health.
Start to look after the most important person in your life, you require your body to take you the distance. Which nicely leads me into……………….
Start Consuming More Alkaline Foods
A great way to nourish your body, unleash the energy within, so you can easily digest and assimilate what you eat, is to look at consuming more alkaline foods.
I like to call alkaline foods, life-force foods.
In this age of nutri-bullets, blenders and juicers, it’s so much easier to consume your daily intake in one serving ….not that I’m recommending that, though, I have found over recent years that my morning green juice sets me up for the day, making sure that I have the energy to live my best life… My 10X Life!!
There are numerous alkaline foods you should consume every day, though here are my top 12 favourites (the first 8 are in my morning juice):
- Kale: A single cup of Kale contains a total of 33 calories, 6 grams of carbs (2 of which are fibre) and 3 grams of protein. Kale contains very little fat, but a large portion of the fat in it is the omega-3 fatty acid called alpha linolenic acid.
- Spinach: Is regarded as a plant with remarkable abilities to restore energy, increase vitality and improve the quality of the blood. Spinach is also an excellent source of vitamin K, vitamin A, vitamin C and folic acid as well as being a good source of manganese, magnesium, iron and vitamin B2. Vitamin K is important for maintaining bone health and it is difficult to find vegetables richer in vitamin K than spinach.
- Cucumber: Cucumbers are naturally low in calories, carbohydrates, sodium, fat and cholesterol. There are just 16 calories in a cup of cucumber with its peel (15 without). You will get about 4 percent of your daily potassium, 3 percent of your daily fibre and 4 percent of your daily vitamin C. They also “provide small amounts of vitamin K, vitamin C, magnesium, potassium, manganese and vitamin A,
- Celery: The benefits begin with celery being an excellent source of antioxidants and beneficial enzymes, in addition to vitamins and minerals such as vitamin K, vitamin C, potassium, folate and vitamin B6. It lowers high cholesterol, inflammation, blood pressure, protects the liver and boosts digesting.
- Ginger: Most frequently used to aid digestion, ginger is believed to increase saliva and other digestive fluids, alleviating indigestion and associated problems such as flatulence. Fresh ginger is used for asthma, coughs, colic, heart palpitations, swellings, dyspepsia, loss of appetite and rheumatism
- Turmeric: Turmeric, the main spice in the Indian dish curry, is arguably the most powerful herb on the planet at fighting and potentially reversing disease. Turmeric dramatically increases the antioxidant capacity of the body and is a natural anti-inflammatory compound, it’s linked to improved brain function and assists in lowers risk of brain diseases.
- Alkaline Water: When it comes to health, water is kind of a big deal. In fact, no other substance is as important for our bodies. So, if you’re consistently drinking water, you’re already doing something great for your health. Alkaline water — water that’s less acidic than tap water —is rich in alkalizing compounds, including calcium, silica, potassium, magnesium, and bicarbonate. I love my alkaline water, though before you convert, I suggest you do your own research on this one.
8. Love: Everyone knows that Love makes the world go around. Though I must say that whenever I consciously cook with Love or throw love into the mixing bowl, the meals and the drinks taste all the better. Have you ever noticed this? How the meals taste different, when you have time to make the meal versus when you quickly throw something together? Take a mental note next time – your body and family will thank you for throwing in this extra special ingredient.
- Avocado: Avocados are such a treasure trove of nutrients. They are a healthy fat food; good for the heart, a rich source of vitamin C, an amazing antioxidant contributing to cell protection from free radical damage. Helps to maintain a healthy appetite, especially when you swap butter for avocado. Rich source of fibre and contains Vitamin E.
- Capsicum (Bell pepper): Capsicum peppers are rich sources of antioxidants and vitamin C. The level of carotene, like lycopene, is nine times higher in red peppers. Red peppers have twice the vitamin C content of green peppers.
- Lemon: The health benefits of lemon include treatment of throat infections, indigestion, constipation, dental problems, fever, internal bleeding, rheumatism, burns, obesity, respiratory disorders, cholera and high blood pressure, while it also benefits your hair and skin. Known for its therapeutic property since generations, lemons help to strengthen your immune system, cleanse your stomach, and it is considered a blood purifier.
- Cinnamon: the health benefits of cinnamon can be obtained in the form of its pure bark, essential oils, in ground spice form (which is bark powder), or in extract form when its special phenolic compounds, flavonoids, and antioxidants are isolated. These compounds make cinnamon one of the most beneficial spices on earth, giving it antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, anti-diabetic, anti-microbial, immunity-boosting, cancer and heart disease-protecting abilities.
There is so much research out there about the huge benefits of increasing alkaline foods in your eating regime.
Which bring me back to the start, if you feel you are always seeing red, not truly being yourself, maybe it all comes back to what I said in last week’s blog….. What you eat today, walks and talks tomorrow.
Start consciously looking at what you are consuming, so you can easily come back to being the amazing authentic person that you are.
Be well, here’s to your GREENER LIFE ~ Love and Food!!
PS: In the meantime, you may like to check out my latest e-book ~ ” How to 10X Your Life in 10 Days?