We all seem to live such busy lives. So busy in fact, that some of us forget to make time for us and then we wonder why we are constantly tired and feeling unfulfilled.
Time is the one precious commodity in our lives that we can never replace. Yet most of us live like we have all the time in the world.
Many of us wait until we complete our work before we love our life. This is a totally ridiculous mentality.
What are we waiting for?
There are no rules that say you must do ‘XYZ’ or have ‘ABC’ before you can live and love your life. We add these supposed rules to our lives and all they do is hinder us from achieving all our dreams and desires. They keep us in fear, poverty and judgement. They STOP us from achieving our greatness.
I’ve always loved Steve Job’s quote “If today was the last day of your life, would you want to do what you’re about to do, today?”
He asked himself that question every morning for 33 years and said that if the answer came back NO for too many days in a row, he decided that things needed to be changed.
I’d like to ask you that very same question… “If today was the last day of your life, would you want to do what you’re about to do, today?”
If you answered No, read on as today we’re going to explore ways you can change things. All leading to a place where you can start to ‘Live and Love Each and Every Day of Your Life.’
How to Easily Cross the Road
Creating as new life can be as easy as crossing a road. To highlight this, I’m utilising the five basic principles we learnt as kids about how to safely cross a road.
- STOP: The clock does not stop for anyone, yet to create a life that you love, the first thing to do is STOP. That is right, you must stop before you can move forward. That way you can gain clarity about your current life. It’s in the stillness that we obtain our awareness. It’s in the stopping that we can take that deep Loving Conscious Breath. You know the one ~ The one where you breathe deeply into your belly, filling it completely and then releasing it fully. Assisting you to connect to your true self. Your inner knowing. Then it’s time to….
- LOOK: Clarity comes when you truly look at where you are today. We are the only person we have spent our entire life with. Yes, so far, we have travelled every minute, every second, 24/7 with just us. So many times, we blame others for where we are. Though when we take a Conscious Loving Look, we see that our lives are the sum of all our past experiences, all our choices. We see the good, the bad and the ugly. Focus in on what you love about your life and what you don’t. Then, look to the past (left), for habits, beliefs and friends that you bring with you or maybe leave behind. Then, look to the future (right), for a new way of doing things. A new way for you to live and love your life. A new way of truly seeing. Then it’s time to……………
- LISTEN: Listening involves three major facets and when you’re constantly bringing them all together, you’ll be Consciously Lovingly Hearing. The three facets are:
- The way you talk to yourself. Have you ever taken the time to listen to the way you talk to yourself? Is it more positive or negative? Would you say the same things to your bestie? Would they continue to be your bestie, after those conversations? Start to listen and then go back to Step 2 and look at where the chatter is coming from ~ your beliefs, the way you think, feel, social unrealistic stereo types, etc, etc.
- Listening to others. Knowledge is power. A lot of what you know today has come through listening and learning from others. Afterall, we don’t know what we don’t know. Though how broad is your knowledge? Have you taken the time to listen to many different perspectives? Gathering all viewpoints assists you to best utilise the next facet of listening.
- Listening to your inner knowing. Many times, we spend our time listening to others, taking their advice, course correcting to the latest trend, fad idea and we forget to listen to ourselves. To listen to what is right for us. To trust that we know what is best for us. To know our inner dreams and desires. To know what lights, us up and what dims our light. It is after all, Our Life. The more we tune into our inner knowing to more we will trust and know that we already have the answers inside of us. That when we listen and follow it, we will end up where we would like to be. Living a joyous, happy, prosperous and fulfilled life, with many loving and meaningful relationships.
- THINK: Now you are at the ‘Moment of Choice’. Will you continue living as you have been or will you choose to create your Conscious Loving Pathway? The Conscious Loving Pathway is where you consciously know, where you are now and where you’d like to be. It’s where you look at the GAP and think about how you can easily close the GAP. Designing the action steps required for you to bravely move along the Conscious Loving Pathway. A pathway that takes you to where you ‘Live and Love Each and Every Day of Your Life.’
- PROCEED: Congrats you have chosen wisely. Now you’re ready to safely cross the road. This is the easy part. You are Consciously and Lovingly aware. You now know what is best for you. The action steps required for you to succeed. You’ve moved beyond fear and easily take the steps. Many forget that in order to SUCCEED you must first PROCEED. They allow the thinking to STOP them and they never find the true JOY in their life.
Time is in your hands. You can spend it wisely or waste it. It’s entirely up to you. Though the best reward comes when you spend it wisely fulfilling all your dreams and desires. Apart from being very rewarding for yourself, you become the example for others to follow.
Isn’t that what life is all about…….. assisting others to find an easier pathway so they too can easily cross the road and ‘Live and Love Each and Every Day of Their Life?’
Until Next time……………
With Love & Gratitude